What are filters?
Filters help you limit the amount of data showing on any given report. There are two kinds of filters in InsightSquared: Report filters, and Column filters.
Table of Contents
- On every report, you can access the filters by clicking on the sentence between the headline and the chart, where it either says "no filters applied" or lists out the current filter names.
- Select your filter and specify if it should include or exclude the selected values. You can select multiple values for the same filter.
- If you want to apply multiple filters, click Add Filter and repeat step 2.
- To remove a filter, click the X to the right of the filter.
Apply Filtersor just hit enter.
- Click the filter icon below the name of the column you would like to filter on.
- In the Column Filters dialogue box that pops up, choose a matching option from the drop-down. For columns that contain words, these options are:
does not contain,
is not. For numbers and amounts, the options include numerical operators such as greater than and less than.
- Enter the number or text you would like to filter against in the box to the right of the operator.
- If you want to apply multiple filters, click Add Filter and repeat steps 2-3.
- Once you add a second filter, radio buttons will appear which allow you to select
Match All. Match Any will include a row of data if it meets at least one of the column filter criteria. Match All will require a row to match all of the criteria to be included.
Report filters can also be set as personal or report-level defaults. For more information on Default Filters, click the links below: