Why is data quality important?
- Bad data prevents you from making good decisions. For example, if you don't know what a particular opportunity is worth because no one at your company enters in their opportunities' potential value, then you won't be able to properly prioritize their efforts.
- Bad data prevents you from making fast decisions. If your management team has a hunch that something needs to change in your business to respond to something in your market, but it would take you several days to clean up the data to figure out what course of action needs to be taken, this could prevent you from making the necessary decision in a timely fashion.
- Bad data quality means bad ROI on your CRM/ATS. You spend a good amount of money on your CRM / ATS system, but a lot of people find that their teams aren't using them properly. That means you're not realizing the full return-on-investment that you could.
How can I improve the quality of my data?
Tactically-speaking, there are a few ways we've found that our customers improve their data quality:
- Understand the different kinds of Data Quality Errors InsightSquared reports on: Salesforce or Staffing.
- Set an expectation with your team that if an action or opportunity or deal wasn't recorded in your ATS / CRM system, then it didn't happen and they won't get credit for it.
- Identify the types of errors that are most common with your team and figure out what type of training would help.
- Sit down with your team every week to review the new data errors created that week.
- Use the "Send Note" function to email the owners of data errors and ask them what's happening.
- Track your overall data quality percentage over time to see how your team is improving.