The first step, when an employee has left your company, is to disable them in your source system.
When you disable them in your source system, InsightSquared will automatically:
- Disable their login access to InsightSquared, if they had access.
- Move them to the
Inactive Data Ownerssection on Settings > Licensing & Data Owners > Licensing.
- Continue pulling in their historical data and displaying it on the reports.
You will need to:
- Go to the Settings > Goals & Forecast > Set Goals and zero out their goals.
- If you don't see their name, click
Show/Hide Inactive Employees.
- Go to Settings > Scheduled Reports to see if they created any emails to be sent to other team members. Those emails are now deactivated. To reschedule them yourself:
- Click the small arrow next to the report or dashboard name.
- Click the
Email Dashboardbutton on a dashboard or
Subscribebutton on a report to reschedule the report.
How do I remove an employee's data from my reports entirely?
- Go to Settings > Licensing & Data Owners > Licensing.
- Scroll down to
Inactive Data Owners.
- Uncheck the box next to the name of the user whose data you would like to stop pulling into InsightSquared.
Why doesn't InsightSquared stop showing their data automatically?
If you're looking at your historical data, we want to show you what actually happened in your business, and removing an employee's data limits our ability to show you the full picture.
However, since you're always looking at some recent period in InsightSquared -- Yesterday, Trailing 90 Days, etc. -- then their names will eventually disappear from the reports that you look at, since the reports only show the names of employees that have data during the time period you're viewing.